Strider Balance Bike Events Give Colorado Kids Healthy Options for Summer Activities
Toddlers as young as 18 months enjoy Strider Adventure Zones and Strider Races
Rapid City, SD (May 5, 2016) — Colorado is consistently highlighted as one of the healthiest states in the U.S. and currently ranks No. 1 in physical activity*. Many parents seek out healthy activities for kids over the summer, and Strider Bikes is meeting that demand with state-wide opportunities to introduce toddlers as young as 18 months old to bicycling.
Strider Sports International is the leading manufacturer of no-pedal balance bikes, which has sold over one million Strider Bikes since 2007. Strider Balance Bikes break down the overwhelming task of learning how to ride into a safe and natural progression; it’s as easy as walking. With feet safely on the ground, a rider is easily able to maneuver and ride the lightweight bikes.
Kids new to Strider Bikes can take demo rides at Strider Adventure Zones, while experienced riders can practice skills at Strider Bike Races.
“Valmont Bike Park is excited to partner with Strider and Bicycle Village and provide a setting for kids to compete in their first race,” said Skyler Beck, Valmont City Park Manager. “Strider Bikes are great at helping kids learn balance and provide the best transition possible to pedal bikes.”
The Strider Event Calendar has the latest information on these upcoming Colorado events:
- May 14: Colorado Bike Expo, Sports Authority Field. Strider Learn to Ride Clinics: 11 a.m., 1 p.m. & 3 p.m. Sign up onsite.
- June 5: Elephant Rock Cycling Festival, Castle Rock. Strider Adventure Zone.
- June 12, 19, & 26, July 3,10, & 24, Aug 14, 21, & 28: Keystone Strider Balance Bike Series
- July 9 & July 16: Valmont Bike Park, First ever Strider Bike Race series.
- July 23 Rocky Mountain State Games, Strider Adventure Zone and Strider Bike Race.
Since its inception, Strider has donated over $600,000 through its Rider Fund to organizations that serve children and adults in need. Last fall, Strider donated 20 bikes to seven Colorado non-profit organizations. A 2015 research study of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) confirmed that riding a Strider Bikes helps children with ASD. Events for individuals with special needs include:
- May 7: Autism Speaks Walk, Coors Field. Strider Adventure Zone demo rides on all three sizes.
- August 8 – 12, Star Center Sensory Therapies and Research Bike Riding Camp. Ages 3-10.
balance bike, Elephant Rock Cycling Festival, first bike, Keystone, Keystone Resort, Rocky Mountain State Games, running bike, Special Olympics Nebraska, strider, Strider Bike, toddler bike, Valmont Bike Park