10 Things You Didn’t Know About David Christiansen
Meet Dave! Strider Bikes Logistics Specialist!
- I apparently know and care way too much about 1980’s movies (so says my wife, maybe it has to do with all of the movie memorabilia I have? Nah….)
- I survived/completed the 2005 Ironman Canada race at 35 yrs old. Believe me, if I could finish the race anyone can. It’s amazing what your body and mind are capable of!
- When I was 4 I found a piece of wire, bent it, and poked it into both sides of an electrical socket (not recommended). I thankfully survived, but I always wondered if maybe that’s why my hair was extremely frizzy and curly when I was a kid.
- I was adopted at birth, and was able to find and meet my birth mother in my late 20’s after about 4 years of searching. Pretty awesome.
- My favorite stand-up video game from the 1980’s was ‘Food Fight’. (Warning: reoccurring 80’s theme….)
- I did a marathon just before I turned 15. Afterwards, I sat next to the Yoplait sponsored booth (because I couldn’t stand anymore) and ate so much yogurt I had to take a many, many year hiatus from eating/looking at/thinking about yogurt. I’ve now recovered (….from the yogurt thing.)
- I’ve been married for 13 years and met my wife on the internet (back in early 1994 when a lot of traffic was on ‘Bulletin Boards’ vs. browsers….. think 2600 baud modems….). We talked for months before finding out that we only lived about 6 miles away from each other.
- I get to be a dad (and regress back to playing like a kid) with my two groovy kids: my son, Gage (10) and daughter, Quinn (8). I’m teaching them about all things 1980’s (less the mullet and parachute pants…) hahaha!
- My favorite movie of all time is ‘Ghostbusters’! (I won’t mention how much memorabilia I have of this movie. :)
- I’ve been slowly changing my entire wardrobe to one color (black) over the last decade or so, so there is less to think about when I’m groggy in the morning 🙂